Oktoberfest in Germany begins Saturday, September 22, 2012, and ends Sunday, October 7, 2012...

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Carrot and Apple salad with currants

   By Kerrie

This week I received a bunch of carrots and apples in our bountiful basket, which when I saw the bounty I immediately thought about making an old fashioned carrot salad – which I did tonight – and scored raves from the family.   This is how you can score some raves too…..

 
Ingredients:

4  cups shredded carrots
2  cups chopped apples
¼  cup dried currants
¼  cup mayonnaise
1  Tablespoon rice wine vinegar (do not sub – any other vinegar would be to sour)
1  Tablespoon lemon juice
1  Tablespoon Agave nectar  (or honey)


Directions:

To a large mixing bowl add the shredded carrots, apples and currants.   Set aside.


Next, to a small bowl add the mayonnaise, rice wine vinegar, lemon juice and Agave nectar.   Mix well and top the carrot mixture.  Then, toss well. 

 
I have garnished each plate with some onion chive blossoms from my herb garden.



Enjoy!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment