Oktoberfest in Germany begins Saturday, September 22, 2012, and ends Sunday, October 7, 2012...

Monday, September 26, 2011

Oktoberfest



Oktoberfest is a two-week festival held each year in Munich, Germany during late September and early October.   Join me over the next several days in cooking up some delicious German fare.    I have a German Butter Stollen baking in the oven as I write this, and have German sausage to cook up tonight in beer with potatoes, peppers and onions. I will also be making a marinade this afternoon to start the 3 day marinating process for Sauerbraten which will be sided with Spatzle ....  So, stay tuned this week to learn with me ( I have never cooked German food before) how to turn out these old German standards.    Oh, and please let me know what your favorite German dishes are – along with any family history you would like to share regarding your precious recipes.   “Gott segne dich”!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, the week of German cooking is over now.   It sure was fun  learning how to prepare some new dishes.  Here are some additional German links for you to take a look at... 


As the year goes by I will probably add more.  Next year we will really be ready to celebrate Oktoberfest :)



No comments:

Post a Comment