Here is a fun way to use up some of your watermelon surplus. You could certainly puree more, but for our needs I pureed one medium sized seedless watermelon via the workhorse of my kitchen – the food processor. All you have to do is…..
Remove and discard the rind and seeds of the watermelon. Cube the pink fruit and drop into a food processor and puree. Place the pureed watermelon in a container and chill until you are ready to assemble your drinks. You will need:
Watermelon puree -- about 2/3 cup per glass
1 Fresca Soda 1.5 Liter Bottle
Sprigs of mint - washed
Enough little blackberries to drop about three into each glass.
Lime juice -- fresh or bottled
This drink is sort of assembled rather than just sloshed together and stirred. I like the hazy layered look if done in this manner. Your guest can use their straw to give it a little swirl if they desire. Fresca gives this drink a nice citrus fizz - if you want to vamp it up, use rum or vodka to make this drink a refreshing cocktail.
1. Place a few mint leaves in bottom of glass and press them with a spoon to bruise
2. Add the watermelon puree to glass over the mint leaves.
3. Add a squeeze of lime over the puree.
4. Drop about 2-3 inches of ice over the puree.
5. Pour the Fresca over the ice.
6. Garnish top of drink with a mint sprig.
7. Drop a few blackberries into the drink - they will float.