Oktoberfest in Germany begins Saturday, September 22, 2012, and ends Sunday, October 7, 2012...

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Herb Garden

Hi, I'm back....   I would like to be able to say I have been away from blogging my recipe adventures because I have been on a fabulous vacation, but the truth is the last month just got away from me.   Anyway, Sunday I got my little herb planters repopulated with new little herb plants which will hopefully inspire some fabulous herby cooking.    Seriously, every Spring I plant herbs in two containers situated right outside my kitchen door.   I can just step out and snip chives and dill to dress up eggs for breakfast and then later in the day I will pick some basil and oregano to add to a sauce.   If you have never planted herbs before I really encourage you to give it a try.   Start with the standards, just like the song - Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme.    Definitely add dill and cilantro.   Last year I found that lavender leaves (used in moderation) is wonderful as a meat seasoning and also offers a savory twist in a focaccia bread.   Don’t forget mint.   Mint tossed with fresh cut pineapple and a bit of ginger makes a lovely refreshing fruit side dish.        







Happy Summer my friends !!!






Stay Cool !

No comments:

Post a Comment