Oktoberfest in Germany begins Saturday, September 22, 2012, and ends Sunday, October 7, 2012...

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Mushroom, Celery, and Garlic Soup

It is a cool Sunday afternoon and I am thinking about what to make for dinner.   It’s also raining, so I think a nice warm soup to go with the Rosemary Bread I made earlier…..    Okay, I have mushrooms so I open my big lovely book called  “SOUP”  by Debra Mayhew and find a recipe that is just the ticket!   Mushroom, Celery, and Garlic Soup.                 


Ingredients for 4 servings:

4 ½ cups chopped mushrooms
4 celery stalks, chopped
3 garlic cloves   (I use a garlic press)
3 tablespoons white wine
3 cups chicken stock
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Celery leaves to garnish

Place the mushrooms, celery, and garlic in a pan and stir in the wine.  Cover and cook over low heat for 30 t0 40 minutes until vegetables are tender.

Add half the stock and puree in a blender, or use an immersion blender to puree until smooth.   



At this time add the Worcestershire sauce, and nutmeg.

Bring to a boil and season to taste with salt and pepper.   Serve hot, garnished with celery leaves.



Yum! 


No comments:

Post a Comment